Sky Hero Spy Y6 ARF
- Sky Hero
- Ex Tax: 737.62€
* see upgrade desctiption below
Sky Hero is the representative of new era copters. Not only it works & flies perfect ... it also looks more than perfect. Even when fully loaded with all the gear: flight controller, power supply, telemetry, video camera and TX, gimbal, ... you will hardly see any wires from outside. Sky Hero absolutelly deserves the title "Best looking multicopter ever".
Choosing right components to work optimal with multicopter frame is not easy ... even for experienced users. So we decided to put together ARF sets with optimally choosen high quality components.
Sky Hero Spy Y6
Spy is sport oriented copter. Powerful, agile and fast. With standard setup it can be an ultimate FPV rig ... and with more powerful motor set we can turn it into perfect surveillance machine or for filming at high flying speeds. Y6 motor configuration brings great stability, even in high winds.
- 1x Sky Hero Spy frame - 600 mm (S)
- 6x KW2 PRO 900 kV motors (28-36) or TBS 900kv2
- 6x Maytech MT30A - SimonK firmware or TBS Bulletproof 30A
- 6x Graupner E-PROP 10x5" (2x CW, 2x CCW) or MT 10x5" Carbon props
We prepared series of upgrades, which can turn your Sky Hero ARF (Almost ready to fly) to RTF (Ready to fly). With different flight controller and power options you can find ther right combo for your needs.
FRAME SIZE UPGRADE:
You can upgrade standard 600 mm frame to 750 mm or 900 mm size. In theory larger frame is more stable and you can fit bigger props on it.
- equipped with 6x standard KW2 motors Spy is perfect machine for ultimate FPV experiences and basic foto & video shooting
- recommended max. payload (cameras, gimbals, battery, FPV Gear): up to 1500g
- recommended add-ons & accessories: Copter with 5800-10.000 4S battery & small to medium sized 2 axis gimbal with GoPro (like dji Zenmuse H3-2D or YUN-I), FPV gear
Stage 1 power upgrade
- equipped with 6x more powerful KW4 motors & 40A ESCs Spyder is perfect machine for advanced foto & video shooting and surveillance mission
- recommended max. payload weight (cameras, gimbals, battery, FPV Gear): up to 3300g
- recommended add-ons & accessories: Copter with 10.000 4S battery & medium sized 2 axis gimbal with Sony NEX or GH2 (or handycam with big zoom) (like iflight NEX camera gimbal), FPV gear
Stage 2 power upgrade
- equipped with very powerful KW8 motors & 60A ESCs Spyder is perfect machine for professional foto & video shooting with big cameras like Canon 5D
- recommended max. payload weight (cameras, gimbals, battery, FPV Gear): up to 5000g
- recommended add-ons & accessories: Copter with 10.000 4S or 5S battery & large sized sized 2 axis gimbal with cameras like Canon 5D (like iflight DSLR camera gimbal), FPV gear
- 3DR Ardupilot 2.6 + uBLOX is ideal for all, who wants reasonably priced controller with tons of features and possible upgrades. It is ideal for all hackers & techno freaks who wants to play with settings, test all possible features ... and maybe even write some special code & scripts (because it is opensourced - both software & hardware). It is not as easy to use & set-up as dji products ... but offers really good performances with last firmwares (if properly set-up and tuned)
- dji Naza M v2 MEGA Combo is ideal controller for almost everyone ... from beginners to advanced flyers. Really easy to install and set-up and offers perfect flying experience and precision. Equipped with all possible addons enables easy connection of external gimbals, setting via Bluetooth and even transfering telemetry tata to video link using included iOSD mini.
- dji A2 is perfect for all who simply need the best controller. High class components & sensors, innovations and endless features will add extra security & stability to your copter. Specially recommended for all heavy loaded copters with total weight of more than 6-7 kg.
For flying multicopters we recommend Radio with at least 8 channels (you need 4 for flying, usually at least 2 for controlling flight controller ... and you will sooner or later need some extra channels for switching cameras, video start/stop, photo shooting, gimbal control, ...). And since radio gear is the foundation of RC system and will last for decades ... we recommend not to save to much on it. Go for quality radio from premium manufacturers. We suggest Futaba T8J (8 channels) or Graupner MX-16 (8 channels + telemetry) as basic choice and Futaba T14SG (14 channels + telemetry) or Graupner MX-20 (12 channels + telemetry) for advanced users. If you want top-of-of the top, choose Futaba T18MZ.
LONG RANGE ADD-ON:
With classic RC system (which works on 2.4GHz) like mentioned above ... you will get control range of about 1 km (sometimes more - even up to 2-3 km in ideal conditions ... and sometimes even less - in 2.4GHz strongly polluted areas). If you need more control range, you should think about UHF system (which works on 433MHz and will give you tenths of kilometres of control range). If you want to fly legally with this gear, you should get your HAM license. We recommend EzUHF system from ImmersionRC, which works more or less plug-and-play withgraupner & Futaba radios. You will need transmitter (TX) which connects to your radio and receiver (which goes to the copter).
FPV (FIRST PERSON VIEW) GEAR (copter):
If you want to fly FPV, this is the cruicial part of the system ... and even for filming & photo shooting it is hard to live without it (because it is not easy to shoot picture if you don't know when the camera is turned). FPV system will transmit live video from copter to your ground station (monitor, goggles). Copters for filming are usually equpmmed with two cameras - FPV camera for flying and HD camera for filming (GoPRo, NEX, GH2/3, Canon DSLR, ...). FPV system can transmit alternate picture from both cameras (using video switch) ... or simoultaneously from both cameras at once (you need two transmitters and two receivers on the ground).
Which frequency to choose: prettty simple. if you want easy to use and reliable medium range solution to go with your 2.4GHz RC system, choose 5.8GHz video. It offers solid range of about 1 km (even much more with directional antennas) and doesn't interfere with other 2.4 radio (you can fly FPV even at your crowded flying field). If you need even more range (10 kilometers and more with right antennas), you should go with 2.4GHz video system. Since it doesn't go well along with 2.4GHz radio, it is strongly recomended to upgrade your radio to UHF frequency for RC control. With this combo your only distance limit will be battery capacity.
You need receiver on the ground to receive video signal from the copter. Basic option is to use a receiver (2.4 or 5.8GHz, depending on transmitter frequency) ... conected to monitor or video goggles. Some latest monitors and goggles have receiver already built-in, so you don't need external receiver. Diversity receiver means, that there are actually two receivers built-in - usually we use omnidirectional antenna on one receiver (to get 360 degrees coverage) and directional - helical antenna on second (to achieve long range). Diversity receiver seamlessly switches to antenna which currently has batter signal.
Monitor or goggles?: it is more or less a personal choice. We recommend monitor for beginners (because it is easier to react when you follow copter with one eye and live video with the other). When you put goggles on, you are in completely different world ... and takes some time to get back to ouside world when you put them off.
2 mm carbon fiber main frame plates
# ESC inside
30 mm carbon fiber booms
Injected motor mounts
Flight controller between the frame plates
Pre-drilled for 45*45 flight controller patterns
# choice is yours
28 mm to 36 mm motor size
# no jelly
INERTiC camera mounts
20 mm carbon fiber landing poles
# choice is yours again
600, 750 or 900 mm size
# enjoy windy days
Size & Weight
S: ± 720 g
M: 750 g
L: 780 g
Photos of ur demo setups
Spy 600 with standard motor set & Yun-I gimbal. Ultimate FPV machine. Total weight with 5300 mAh 4S battery is 2,8 kg ... and flight time 8,5 min.
Total weight with 10.000 mAh 4S battery around 3,3 kg and flight time around 15 minutes.